Cross Stitch Ramblings

9.7.06

Sleeping Beauty & Moon fairy Spirit


This is Sleeping Beauty as at Friday evening. The brown and pink bits you see at the left are the beginnings of hair and flesh. Soon she will look human! I never stop enjoying working on SB, she is currently my 'focus piece', which means she gets 3 days attention in the rotation instead of 2. My intention is to finish her by year end, I don't know if I will, there's still a way to go.





Here is my latest new start which is Moon Fairy Spirit by Passione Ricamo. Yeah she's just a blue blob as yet. This project uses many blues, I must have a thing about blue, Ballet Dancer is blue, and I keep buying blue fabric. I have a blue car ..... I could go on. Anyways, not much to show for a weekend's work but there she is and will be my last new start for a while. You can't see the fabric in this picture but it is Silkweaver 'karma' in 32ct lugana. My first time stitching on 'actual' hand dyed fabric (as opposed to the printed fabric of some Lanarte kits). This project will be my first time using kreinik blending filament. I approach that idea with some trepidation, all my stitching dramas seem to surround speciality threads. We shall see .....

Sorry I've not been commenting much on blogs, I'm struggling again with the time management thing ...... so much to do ..... so little time ..... but I am absolutely determined to keep stitching.

Monday and Tuesday I will be working on HAED's Waiting for Neptune.

5 Comments:

  • At 10/7/06 11:49 am, Blogger Unknown said…

    I love watching your progress on Sleeping Beauty. It looks great.

     
  • At 10/7/06 9:17 pm, Blogger Singular Stitches said…

    Well, it's a very nice blue blob!

    You're making great progress on SB!!

     
  • At 11/7/06 5:29 pm, Blogger Julie said…

    I love your Sleeping Beauty, I've been watching your progress on her for a while now. She's on my to-do list.

    On the subject of blending filaments - don't worry! I've used them alot and as long as you keep the lengths short you should be ok. They give a lovely effect

     
  • At 11/7/06 9:47 pm, Blogger Kathy said…

    Wow great progress on Sleeping Beauty is georgeous.

    hugs xxxxxx

     
  • At 14/7/06 2:34 pm, Blogger catandturtle said…

    I love all the swirls in the green part of her dress, so pretty. I am curious how you liked the Krenik thread after using it for the first time. Ann.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home