Cross Stitch Ramblings

3.7.06

Celtic Winter - Finished at Last!!

Here it is at last. Whew what a relief to have finished Celtic Winter. I won't say any more now other than, I really like the beads!



This is Lanarte's Ballet Dancer. It is a kit, the fabric is lovely - its quite thick so holds in the Q-snaps well and has a subtle background print. A lot of this design is single strand - of what you can see here the white is two strands and the blue is one. I thought that was a bit strange at first but gives I think a sort of velvet look. I like working in one strand, less knots and tangles! This is not a huge design. I would really like to have two more finishes before the end of this year and this should be one of them. I just loaded up a picture of the finished article into my side bar - if its not showing up yet you can see it here


Today and tomorrow I will be working on The Rose Fairy.

3 Comments:

  • At 3/7/06 2:45 pm, Blogger Leslie aka zoeandcooper said…

    Yay, Congrats on your finish...hopefully I will not be far behind:)

     
  • At 3/7/06 6:41 pm, Blogger Kathy said…

    Wow congratulations on finishing Celtic Winter. I have just started mine, in an SAl with some friends which we do evry tuesday.

    And the rest of your stitching is great too.

    Hugs xxxxxx

     
  • At 14/7/06 2:35 pm, Blogger catandturtle said…

    Celtic Winter is so beautiful. You did an amazing job. Did you change any of the colors or beading? It looks so much better in your picture than the model picture.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home