Cross Stitch Ramblings

26.6.06

Celtic Winter ..... grrrr

Earlier today, I was at the point of writing something positive about Celtic Winter. Anyone who has followed this blog would know that is a rarity indeed - I've always got some moan or grumble about it. But today I finished the beads. I like the beads! The beads make it look really good. This is a terrible photo btw, WIPs generally come out fairly well with the background of the white lino in the bathroom but I guess CW needs daylight.

Alas, my enjoyment of CW wasn't to last. I have searched and searched the internet including the blogs of those ladies who have finished it and I can't work out how to make that infernal snowball look good. Mine just looks a mess - it probably doesn't notice too much in this picture, but trust me, its not good enough and needs to be pulled out and started again. I would appreciate advice from anyone who has already finished CW - what did you use? The pattern calls for 3 strands, but thats not working for me - maybe just 2 strands of wisper and skip the one strand of B5200 or the other one it is supposed to be blended with. I did write a whole diatribe, much more whingeing and complaining than you see here, but I deleted it. Its my fault it looks a mess and I will fix it, but not today, I've had enough of it.

Tomorrow and the next day I will work on Waiting for Neptune.

ps. I know its a muff but to me it looks like a snowball, so a snowball it is!!

4 Comments:

  • At 27/6/06 1:34 am, Blogger Singular Stitches said…

    Well, I think she looks lovely, holding a snowball, muff, bunny, kitten, or whatever!

     
  • At 27/6/06 4:27 am, Blogger Carol said…

    I don't like my snowball either!!!

     
  • At 27/6/06 11:58 am, Blogger Unknown said…

    CW looks beautiful. :) I haven't stitched her so I don't know about the muff. I know Carol stitched her, but she posted she didn't like her muff either. lol

     
  • At 27/6/06 4:15 pm, Blogger Kathy said…

    Hi Gil

    I am just starting Celtic Winter,a nd I am only intend on using 1 thread of Whisper with one strand of the colour is says.

    Yours looks lovely and I am looking forward to getting mine finished.

    hugs xxxxx

     

Post a Comment

<< Home