Cross Stitch Ramblings

21.6.06

Rose Fairy

I have no original excuses for not having written here for so long. I am a busy full time working mum of two and something has to give, so ........ But I do like writing about my stitching and the stitchy friends I've made online so this is another renewed attempt at some sort of consistency.

I've decided that rather than writing an entry with progresses on all my WIPs - and there has been progress on all of them - I will write about them one at a time, that way I have less excuse not to write again for another two months. Celtic Winter still isn't finished - I don't know why she is taking me so long!

Here we have Rose Fairy which I started on a couple of weeks ago -it replaces Primrose Fairy which I finished about a month ago. I will post a picture of it but its tucked away at the moment in a room where a sleeping man lies (ie. my bedroom!), so I will save that for later. Rose Fairy is a kit, its one of the larger DMC kits which was provided with evenweave fabric which seems to be getting rarer these days. I think this kit is discontinued now. Its an intensive design but not huge - the finished result is 9"x12". What you see is bits of a leaf - it has about 10 different greens in it, I'm trying to follow the guide of doing all the darker colours first but there's always this fear in me I will miscount and have to frog a huge area. I think I'm ok so far. My goal is to finish this leaf by the end of June.

3 Comments:

  • At 21/6/06 10:10 am, Blogger Kathy said…

    Wow what a great start.

    Hugs xxxxxx

     
  • At 21/6/06 3:26 pm, Blogger Singular Stitches said…

    Yes, life has that bad habit of cutting into one's stitching time!

    Very nice progress on Rose Fairy. Looking forward to seeing pics of your other works as well!

     
  • At 21/6/06 6:16 pm, Blogger Carol said…

    Hmmm, full time working mum of two...sounds like a totally reasonable excuse for your lack of blogging :-) Missed you though - glad to hear all is well!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home