Cross Stitch Ramblings

24.6.06

Sleeping Beauty

Here is my Sleeping Beauty. At first glimpse she doesn't look much progressed from the last WIP back in April, but she has grown quite a bit on the left hand side. I am now getting quite close to the face so hopefully next month she will start looking like a human rather than a bunch of rags!

I lost the pattern for SB a couple of months ago. I was almost tearing the house apart, I just couldn't find it. I gave up in the end and bought another one, fortunately SB is an earlier Mirabilia and quite cheap. This experience should have taught me to make working copies of my patterns, but it didn't. Again, I am working from the original.

I didn't get to wash and press all my finishes yesterday as I'd hoped. It was a bit ambitious - whenever I get a day off work it instantly gets filled with all sorts of chores, there's never a minute spare. Today is the school fete and this year I am the only facepainter. I'm expecting lots of red and white England flag faces - that's fine, they're easy, but I do wish some other Mums would volunteer to help me. My youngest child only has one more year in the junior school so after she's gone, I'm gone and they'll have to find someone else! Sunday, hopefully, will be a free-ish day so I might get around to doing that washing and pressing.

When I flop in the chair exhausted this evening, I will be working on Celtic Winter!

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home