Cross Stitch Ramblings

30.3.06

Celtic Winter update


I managed to get all the metallic in the left border done, and two and a bit more letters at the top. Its strange 168 isn't used in the letters, the colours would blend better if it was rather than that sharp jump from almost white to quite dark grey. Hopefully it will look better once the beads are on. I had been having a terrible time with the metallic thread keep on fraying, but have finally discovered there's a right way up to use it. If I thread the end that I've just cut from the reel rather than the free end it doesn't fray at all. I wish I'd discovered this sooner, would have saved so much heartache! The metallic is coming along a lot quicker now. I do still have quite a long way to go on CW but would really like to have her finished by the end of April.

Next stitch: HAED's Waiting for Neptune.

5 Comments:

  • At 30/3/06 9:04 am, Blogger Sasha Farina said…

    she's gorgeous! :)

     
  • At 30/3/06 11:15 am, Blogger Unknown said…

    She's lovely Gill. Have you tried Thread Heaven? It's fantastic stuff.

     
  • At 1/4/06 8:28 am, Blogger Carol said…

    Oh Gill - almost there now!!

     
  • At 2/4/06 8:54 am, Blogger DonnaSews said…

    She's absolutely beautiful. I love this pattern and you did a great job.

     
  • At 3/4/06 4:11 am, Blogger Pam @ Heart2Heart said…

    She is stunning! I just love all the Celtic ladies. I agree with Heather, when I've had to use the metallic thread I found using Thread Heaven worked very well. It sort of makes it slide through easier. Will have to give your discovery a try as well, anything that makes using that stuff easier is good in my books!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home