Cross Stitch Ramblings

1.6.05

Lots to say

I've been slack on updating over the past week so heres lots!

Celtic Christmas
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
I finished up that little corner of the skirt last Wednesday. That meant my May goals were finished with a few days to spare!

Taj Mahal
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
To replace Mini cottages in my rotation, I've started on John Clayton's Taj Mahal - a heritage stitchcraft kit. I had several different new projects to chose from but decided on this one because my 10-year old son loves this building & wants to go and see it some day. Its destined for his bedroom wall. Its a weird pattern, featuring elongated, or 'squashed' stitches which I've never encountered before, very strange! These kind of stitches would be much easier on evenweave, unfortunately the kit comes with aida which I decided not to swap out because the pattern is entirely stitched with no background left showing. I've only done a little bit so far, its low priority until something else is finished.

Lady with Lilac Flower
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
And here is LWLF as she currently is. A couple more blocks to go on her & then I'm back on Celtic Christmas.

Stitching Bloggers Question
How do you deal with a stitching slump?

Setting goals and stitching in rotation definitely helps keep me motivated to keep going on projects I may otherwise get bored with, but if its a real slump, in which I don't want to stitch at all, then I just don't. Stitching is fun, but if I'm not enjoying doing it there's no point in forcing myself. There are lots of other things I am obliged to do in life which to be honest are higher priorities than stitching.

Movie meme
I was tagged by Carol (about a week ago!)
1) Total number of films I own on DVD/video: About 50 DVDs and maybe 20 videos, which are up in the loft. None of them are exclusively mine, they are all co-owned with DH and a good amount of them are kid's films. Quite a few are bootleg copies my in-laws brought back from Malaysia (I wish they'd stop doing that!), which don't work properly. I don't buy many DVDs, I always say we'll rent them from the video shop but we rarely actually do. Most films I watch are on TV.

2) The last film I bought: The last one I remember buying was LOTR boxed set for my husband, it must have been for his birthday in March 2004.

3) The last film I watched: Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves (for about the 100th time!)

4) Five films that I watch a lot or that mean a lot to me (in no particular order):Beaches, Rain Main, LOTR, Crouching tiger, Hidden Dragon (in original language subtitled), Harry Potter.

5) Tag 5 people and have them put this in their journal:I don't know 5 people! So I will cheat and say anyone who sees this and wants to answer it in their blog, please do.


Goals for June
Castle Sampler - one side of the large border.
Taj Mahal - 6 blocks (low priority ATM)
Lady with Lilac Flower - 20 blocks
Celtic Christmas - finish the lady - bodice & head - if that's going well do the candles as well.

3 Comments:

  • At 2/6/05 6:40 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great progress. How are you dealing with the squached stitches on aida? Is it doable to pierce through the fabric? I would have swapped to evenwave to make it more easy on me. Ann.

     
  • At 3/6/05 2:37 am, Blogger Carol said…

    Hi - Your WIPS look great! I am so admiring your Celtic Christmas! I love those John Clayton designs too - I have London Skyline and Tulip Fields that I really want to do :-)

     
  • At 9/6/05 11:44 am, Blogger Crazy X-Stitcher Etc said…

    The moment you reach Taj Mahal, your heart would stop and u be left speechless. Have to remove shoes to enter. Can't bring camera to the tomb. The marble under your skin feels so soft and smooth. Wonderful place to visit. Don't forget the Red Fort, Kutub Mina, Gandhi House. Really grand.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home