Cross Stitch Ramblings

8.5.05

Lady with Lilac Flower/SBQ

I've spent many hours stitching this week and here is the result. Because its on such a small scale, it feels as though growth is very slow. From top to bottom, it measures roughly the span of my hand. I lost track of how many blocks I stitched, but its at least my goal of 20. Today, I am moving on to Celtic Christmas.
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


Finishing SBQ
Do you finish all your finished pieces? (pillow, frame, etc,) If so, how do you finish the pieces? If not what do you do with them?

Some of the little ones have gone into cards, all of the medium/large ones have been framed. I've never fancied putting them into pillows/cushions or anything else that would be used because 1. people put their bums on 'em, 2. they'd get dirty. My work is too good for that! Besides, the type of work I do tends to be pictures which are not really suitable. Having said that about my work deserving to be framed, all but two are stacked up in this room, due to lack of decorated wall space to hang them on.

Freebie SBQ
What is your opinion of Internet "freebies?"

Great idea. Especially the little ones offered by the known designers. Good for giving an idea of whether you could cope with a larger design. I'm really pleased I did that little Michael Powell cottages freebie rather than buying one of the large kits and launching myself into it without considering how mind-blowing all of the plain stitched areas would be, and regretting it. I also have a little Chatelaine freebie printed out which I will try some day, and I like some of the L&L Christmas freebies.

1 Comments:

  • At 9/5/05 4:52 am, Blogger Carol said…

    She is looking fantastic! Keep on plugging away - I know she is worth the effort :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home