Cross Stitch Ramblings

4.5.05

A few more ramblings

I stayed up into the wee small hours last night and completed 2 blocks on Lady with Lilac Flower, and have done a further 8 blocks today, I spent most of the day on it! I think its about halfway done now.

I achieved a weight loss goal today so treated myself to non-ebay bargain stitching goodies. I've been after something by Passione Ricamo for some time, I spent quite a while deciding which one to chose but finally decided on Moon Fairy Spirit.

An ebay bargain also arrived today - Mirabilia's Fairy Idyll. I wasn't sure about this one, didn't pay very much for it, but now its arrived I really do like it.

I rarely buy cross stitch magazines nowadays but I did get The World of Cross Stitching last week because its got a Flower fairy in it - the Lady's Smock fairy (I think thats what its called). Its pretty but has a funny face. Its a long way down the line but when I eventually come to stitching it I'm going to try & change the face to be more like the original paintings. The magazines always seem to have a free Flower Fairy whenever DMC are about to bring out some new kits they want to promote. They seem to have re-released some old designs, one of them is Apple Blossom Fairies which has an RRP of about £15. The one I stitched is the same size as the kits which they retailed at £19, so I'm assuming this is a simplified version. The chart I had has long been discontinued. I guess they thought it would sell better as a kit. There's a new one - the Pink Fairies, which I do like. From my point of view its a shame they seem to be going in the direction of producing kits rather than separate charts since I have more than enough DMC thread in stock plus the new kits always seem to come with aida, which I'm not so keen on. Still, I've got about 20 flower fairies in my stash and really don't need any more, so what am I complaining about!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home