Cross Stitch Ramblings

3.5.05

Goals and a finish

Its been a hectic week. Preparing for my daughter's birthday sleepover. A house full of little girls, cuddly toys, sweets, cakes, crisps, assorted clothes, plastic toys, plastic jewellery, sleeping bags, visits to the sweet shop, hairbrushes, knickers, toothbrushes, giggling, wriggling, and finally sleeping. They've all gone home now. And my baby is nine years old!

Needless to say little in the way of stitching got done, and I didn't achieve my goal of getting Mini Cottages finished by the end of April. I've done a lot of work on it since though, and it is finally finished. I had a lot of doubts over this one while I was doing the cross stitch, but once the thick, heavy black lines of the backstitch were on I remembered why I liked it in the first place. Its earmarked for my son's room, he really likes it. Most of what I stitch is a bit girly for him this one is much more suitable.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

My goals for May.....

Lady with Lilac Flower - stitch 10-20 more blocks, concentrating on the top (the hat) and working downwards.

Celtic Christmas - finish the skirt

Castle Sampler - finish the figures. This might be a tall order but we'll see.


I missed several questions of the week. The one about goals is pretty much answered above .... not usually but why not?

The one about model stitching .... I've never been asked. It would be quite flattering but unlikely ever to happen. My work is not of a high enough standard. Good enough for most people but not for the scrutiny of a professional cross stitch designer. Besides, the obligation would make it a chore, and I would hate it. It would be flattering to be asked though!

Stitching with the seasons - absolutely not! I'm quite happy to stitch for Christmas in the middle of summer and vice versa. I get a bit SAD in winter so its probably just as well to remind myself of brighter times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home