Cross Stitch Ramblings

25.4.05

Missions Accomplished

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

The clarinet player is finished. (The above thumbnail is rubbish - please click on it to see properly) I don't know why I called her the flute player in my last entry, I clearly wasn't paying any attention to the instrument she was playing! It might actually be some old fashioned clarinet-style instrument, the chart instructions just call it the 'instrument', what a copout! Anyway ..... I am pleased with this figure. On the previous 2 I wasn't happy about how the faces came out, the features are made up of just a couple of backstitches and can't really be seen, but this one actually looks like a face! I was really enjoying stitching CS and found it hard to put down.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

I've done more than my target of 6 blocks on LWLF, about 12 blocks I think. It doesn't look a lot different in the picture to the previous one but a lot of the hat, which is mostly white, is now done. Progress is quite fast now I've mastered stitching in blocks. Its so much easier, I don't know why I didn't think of doing that before.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

The third mission, Mini Cottages, is not yet completed. When I was stitching this before I was missing a few key thread colours so had to leave gaps, which was very frustrating, now I have them in stock its flowing along nicely, although I have the dullest bits, the background, yet to tackle. I can't wait to finish this, more because I want to get it out of the way more than anything. I do like it, but its not a fun stitch.

My latest ebay purchase, the chart for Legends of the Spellcasters, by Teresa Wentzler and 2 other people, arrived today. I do actually prefer this one to Legends of the Dragons, although it seems much less popular. Another one to add to the ever-growing list!

2 Comments:

  • At 27/4/05 6:07 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You do pick complicated charts to stitch ;o) You do them so quickly too. I see what you mean about the instrument - I couldn't work out quite what it was either. It's looking good - they all are!

     
  • At 28/4/05 10:23 pm, Blogger Carol said…

    Such fun to look at your progress pictures today! I am loving following your progress with The Castle Sampler - I simply have to start that one soon!!!! And your other two are simply fantastic as well!!! Great job!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home