Cross Stitch Ramblings

18.5.05

Castle Sampler/New Stash

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
(click on pic to see it bigger)

I've finished the cross stitching on the 3rd minstrel, the mandolin player .... I hope to finish up the backstitch on him tomorrow, and a little of the king's leg. It was sad to hear that TW has decided to put cross stitch designing on hold, but good for her! Teresa has produced enough stunning designs to keep me going for about 30 years so I can't complain!

I had lots of new stash arrive today. Firstly, from Sew and So, the gold thread I need for Celtic Christmas, I'm intend finishing the bottom of the dress within the next few days. Also, because I didn't want to pay the minimum £1 postage for just one skein of thread, I bought a bead caddy. Celtic Christmas is the first design I've used beads on, and they've already been all over the floor twice. It is very fortunate I have wooden flooring.....

I also had some ebay acquistions arrive, the long-hankered after Celtic Autumn by L&L. I do like this maiden, but not as much as the other 3. I feel the colours aren't right for Autumn, I may have a go at changing them when I eventually get onto stitching it. Also, Mirabilia's 'Elizabeth and the Lavender Sky' - this one appeals to me, she looks sort of distant and mysterious. Finally, Mirabilia's Crystal Christmas. I do love ebay bargains!

3 Comments:

  • At 19/5/05 4:37 am, Blogger Carol said…

    Oh, your Castle Sampler is coming along now! It looks just gorgeous! I agree, TW has given us so much!! I guess it is time for her live to her life. Cynthia Zittel of The Drawn Thread is slowing down a lot too - Great news about the stash :-) Gotta love it! I have some L&L charts coming in from ebay too :-) Good deals there lately!

     
  • At 19/5/05 12:28 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Do you know that Victoria's Needle already do alternative colours for the L & L ladies. The autum one is in oranges and greens. I bought the kit with the altnative colours from them at a needlework show in February.

     
  • At 1/6/05 1:57 pm, Blogger Gina E. said…

    Hi Juststitch,
    Excuse me for hopping in here; I was about to post to Julianna anyway, to say how much I admire her work, and that I am also an eBay addict! I have been buying and selling on eBay for nearly four years now and have never had a bad experience. I think the only people that get 'burnt' are the ones who spend BIG money (as in hundreds or thousands of dollars), and I wouldn't do that. My largest purchase has been just over US$80 for a DVD for my hubbie and we sweated blood until it arrived safely!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home