Cross Stitch Ramblings

23.5.05

New Stash/SBQ

New Stash
There has been much stash acquistion this week .....

1. The latest edition of Cross Stitcher magazine features flower fairies so of course I had to buy it. The free kit is of the marigold fairy, unfortunately they've chopped her legs off half way to fit her into a printed mount which is a shame. There is also a giant flower fairy sampler chart. The fairies are a bit simplistic for me, I like them to be more detailed, so, I guess the whole magazine is for the ebay drawer.
2. Ebay win - flower fairy booklet featuring various fairies mostly in birth samplers. This includes the marigold fairy complete with whole legs, which is better, but still not very intricate, so I doubt I'll work on any of these either.
3. Tandem Cottage FOTM. This month I got a fat quarter in a dusty pink, its not bad, I'll find a use for it, and two smaller pieces in beige, one of which has a mottled effect as if it is hand-died, but it isn't. I like getting these packages every month, feels like pressies, but I feel I ought to stop it as I'm getting far more fabric than I can use. I'll have a think about that one.
4. Three TW Rocking Horse charts, Misty, Diamond and Sweetheart. Ebay bargains at 99p each. My favourite is Misty.

Stitching Blogger's Question
How many strands of floss to you prefer to stitch with? Why?

I enjoy stitching with one strand, because the floss is less likely to go in knots and I can get a nice neat finish without worrying about railroading. Two strands are more appropriate for most of the designs I chose though.

New L&L Design
A picture of the long anticipated new L&L design has appeared on the TIAG website this morning. Looks familiar, lots of swirly gold around the hem???? Not sure at the moment, but no doubt it will grow on me.

Castle Sampler
All of my stitching this week has been on the Castle Sampler - progress is slow! I'm not posting a pic today as the king doesn't have a head yet and just looks like a blob of stitches. I haven't finished the backstitch on the mandolin player yet as I ran out of one of the colours. I'm bound to have some more in the cupboard but haven't got around to digging through it yet. I will get there.

In other news
Went to see Guys & Dolls in London with Ewan McGregor on Saturday. Excellent! Then went to a 21st birthday party and stayed out 'til 2am. Its been a looooooooong time since I did something like that! Then yesterday we had a family barbeque and the rain just about kept off. Its been a busy weekend ..... which might explain why less than usual stitching got done!

1 Comments:

  • At 23/5/05 8:29 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ooh I love the new Celtic Lady. She is so pretty.

    It is so much cheaper buying the packs from Victorias Needle. They have updated their website now and you can see the alternative colours too. I bought 3 of their packs and they contain 'proper' brand materials of really good quality. Let us know what you decide.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home