Cross Stitch Ramblings

14.5.05

Celtic Christmas WIP/SBQ

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
I had intended to finish the bottom of the dress but couldn't because I have run out of the metallic gold thread. There is only a tiny bit needed for this bit but I will need quite a bit more in other parts of the design. I originally bought it from Sew and So who provide a shopping list of materials needed, according to which I only needed one skein, but unless I am extremely wasteful with thread it was well out! The LNS has none of this colour so I had to order some online, unfortunately it won't be here before Tuesday, but I'll finish off the skirt as soon as it arrives.

Joy - if you're still reading, thanks for your kind comments on my last entry :-)

Stitching Bloggers Question
Given the option, would you rather buy a chart and get the material
and floss together yourself, or buy a pre-packed kit?
I'd rather buy the chart and kit it up myself, one because I have a huge supply of DMC thread, two because I get to chose my own fabric..... I have yet to be very adventurous regarding fabrics, usually chosing a plain evenweave, but most kits come with aida, which I don't like anymore. Most of my stash is kits. I like kits that have pre-sorted threads and nice fabric, mostly because of my incurable lazy-itis!

A little off Topic
Ok this bit is aimed at any UK readers. I think there are probably only a handful of UK readers here but I'm going to ask anyway. Off the top of your head, without looking it up on the internet, have you heard of Crays Hill? If so, what do you know about it? Ill explain why in a later entry if I get any responses to this.

5 Comments:

  • At 15/5/05 9:46 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Julianna

    Yes, I did get the Celtic Ladies from Victoria's needle. I ordered two of them over the phone from an advert in one of the magazines, then when I went to the needlework show in February Victoria's Needle had a stand so I bought another. I didn't do it over the internet as their website is very basic and I couldn't even find the alternative colour kits advertised on there.

    PS I have never heard of Crays Hill

     
  • At 15/5/05 9:11 pm, Blogger Carol said…

    Your Celtic Christmas is just stunning - I was told by one of my friends that she is bringing that chart for me when she comes to visit soon - I am so excited!!! I have tons of that gold! I wish I had known you needed some!

     
  • At 15/5/05 9:11 pm, Blogger Carol said…

    This US/New Englander is dying to know what Crays Hill is :-)

     
  • At 16/5/05 1:01 pm, Blogger Dalesgirl said…

    Nope sorry this UKer has never heard of Crays Hill - maybe I'd better google.

    Sparkle

     
  • At 18/5/05 9:09 pm, Blogger Carol said…

    Hi Julianna,
    Yes, I have Petal Fairy (and Fairy Flora) both on scroll bars... giving that a try. The other large ones are all being stitched using my larger Q-Snaps.... jury is out on which I prefer, actually :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home