Cross Stitch Ramblings

12.4.05

Harpist Finished

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Two figures done .... 3 to go. I had hoped to finish all 3 minstrels before I go on holiday but that was a bit unrealistic. I may get a bit more of the flute player done. I've been working on the Castle Sampler about 6 months now. My first TW took probably about 2/3 years, the second one more than 10! It would be really nice to get this one completed inside a year.

Stitching Bloggers Question
What is your next speciality stitch?
I'm not intimidated by speciality stitches any more since I mastered french knots. The Castle Sampler has a diamond eyelet in the border, that will be my next one.

New Stitching Goodies
A late birthday present arrived at the weekend. Lanarte's 'Ballet Dancer' I haven't seen this one around much. Either its rare or its unpopular! I don't care .... I like it. Also, two Flower fairy kits, Primrose and Lily of the Valley. A year ago all I wanted to stitch was Flower fairies, but now not so much. I do still like them, but there are more in my stash than there are of anything else and I can't see me getting through them this side of retirement! I plan to embark on the Rose Fairy within the next couple of months, that one is my favourite so it should help re-ignite my passion for them.

I go away on Thursday for a week so there are unlikely to be any more updates until the weekend afterwards. Don't forget me! Lady with Lilac Flower is coming with me as my travel project so hopefully there will have been some serious progess on that next time I write.

4 Comments:

  • At 12/4/05 3:15 pm, Blogger Kiwi Jo said…

    Beautiful work on Castle Sampler - you are making great progress.

     
  • At 13/4/05 10:40 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Looking great Julianna!

     
  • At 16/4/05 12:08 am, Blogger Carol said…

    Oooo, your sampler is moving along and looking so gorgeous!!!!!!!! I just have to get going on mine someday soon! Funny - I got into flower fairies for a while too! There are just soooo many. I really want to get Christmas Tree Fairy, but they are so hard to get here in the US.... I have three or four fairies, though - ebay has been helpful for that :-)

     
  • At 18/5/05 1:28 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your stitchwork is ovely. I have a problem. I am looking for the kit or even just the pattern only for the larger Rose Fairy. The original kit came with Linen. I have been unable to locate either the kit or the pattern only (hopeful the pattern will have a DMC floss legend.) Do you have any ideas?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home