Cross Stitch Ramblings

27.7.06

Slacking again

I've been slacking again over my updates and comments. Its so hot!! Its very difficult to do anything other than flop back in the chair and stitch!



This is the blue blob that is Moon fairy Spirit. Thanks to those ladies who left comments about the kreinik. I won't actually be on to the bits that use it for a while yet. There is one symbol that seems to be just blending filament on its own - that seems to be a bit strange. There is no indication anywhere on this chart how many strands should be used - I expect it should be 2 which I am using for the DMC but would you stitch with 2 strands of blending filament on its own? I guess I'll find out! Unless anyone has come across this before and can advise me.



I really enjoyed working on Waiting for Neptune this time around. I decided to use the 'parking' method a lot of HAED stitchers use and it really works well - helps me to stitch methodically and stop keep on losing my place! I think I'm not going to stitch one page at a time after all. After I've finished the current block of page 2 I am going to work pages 3 and 4 (it is 4 pages wide) down to where I am on page 2 and then work the whole thing down together, so to speak, if that makes any sense.



Fanstasy Triptcyh - the land of brown and green is getting me down a bit - it goes on forever! But I will keep plugging on.



And finally ... here is my new toy! We decided to go for the Ultimate Daylight lamp in the end. It was the most expensive but so far proving worth it. The bit you can see stuck out front with the white bag on is the maginfying glass. I know I said I didn't want one of those but it is removable, and, working on the tiny scale of Waiting for Neptune this week made me realise maybe I will need it sooner rather than later. I've been short sighted since my teens and most of the time wear contact lenses but in the mornings, and evenings when my eyes have got tired I switch to glasses, which are not quite as strong a prescription as my contacts. One morning this week I discovered that I could actually see Waiting for Neptune better without any glasses or contacts at all. I am short sighted after all and provided I'm holding something almost at the end of my nose I can see it perfectly. Of course I can't see to walk around the room! So maybe I could use the magnifying glass. The actual lamp itself is brilliant, feels like stitching in daylight and the bulb, although a strange one is a simple screw fit and replacements are available from Sew and So so no problems there. My husband likes the tray thing although at the moment it looks very messy as is holding the needle organiser I use for Fantasy Triptych. The most important thing, it holds my scissors which I am constantly losing. All in all a good buy so far!

Today I have promised my son I will take him to Windsor Castle. I am almost looking forward to going back to work tomorrow, only for the air conditioning!

Stitching for the next 2 days will be on Lanarte's Ballet Dancer.

4 Comments:

  • At 27/7/06 9:34 pm, Blogger catandturtle said…

    Oh, you lucky duck, I love the lamp. I have a daylight and it is wonderful but what I really want is the chart attachment and magnifier. I never seem to have a good place for my chart and the cats always think I put it there for them to lay on. :)

    I love the fantasy design. What are the horizontal lines across the unstitched part for? Ann.

     
  • At 28/7/06 2:25 am, Blogger Singular Stitches said…

    Very nice new toy!!!

    Be careful with the magnifier close to the window! I think it was the owner of a LNS I used to frequent that told me one of her customers had a small fire start because the magnifier was turned just so, and the sun came in the window it was near. (so the baggie over it is probably a good idea!)

     
  • At 28/7/06 3:50 am, Blogger Leslie aka zoeandcooper said…

    Love the new toy. Hope you have plenty of time to enjoy using it! All your progress is wonderful too!

     
  • At 28/7/06 9:57 am, Blogger Christine said…

    I love your "Waiting for Neptune" !
    You are temptation for me (the chart is waiting...).
    Congratulations !

     

Post a Comment

<< Home