Cross Stitch Ramblings

18.7.06

Ballet Dancer & Rose Fairy


The problem with blog updating more regularly is every WIP looks very similar to the previous one. Rose Fairy is slightly changed - a green blob has appeared above the first leaf. This is the beginnings of the 2nd leaf, but I don't think will look like a leaf until the backstitch is on. When I've finished this leaf I'm going to treat myself and move onto the first flower head, which is pink. I've got a thing about pink flowers at the moment, I like flowers in any other colour, but pink isn't doing it for me. I came home from work a week or so ago and found 2 hanging baskets on the front of my house largely dominated by pink geraniums. My husband was upset I couldn't say I liked them, what's wrong with them? All I could say is, they're too pink. I do still like pink roses though.


I still don't have a bulb in my lamp. I know I'm sounding like a helpless female here but its a funny lamp with a funny bulb and I have no clue which one to buy or how to fit it if I did. I'm tempted to buy one of those really expensive lamps especially designed for cross stitch, although am a little put of by the magnifying glasses they all seem to have on them, I don't need one of those yet! But really, anything so long as it has a bulb I can change myself.

2 Comments:

  • At 19/7/06 3:12 pm, Blogger Lana said…

    Hi Gill! I haven't read your blog in so long, because you weren't posting, and I decided to pop in today to see if you had been writing, and you have been doing very well! I love your WIP's and good job on Celtic Winter! It is beautiful!! I know what you mean about posting progress pics everytime you post, when I fdo that I feel like my readers will get bored of seeing the same blob of stitches all the time! i'm so glad you are back and blogging! I've missed yah!
    ~Lana~

     
  • At 20/7/06 3:47 am, Blogger Leslie aka zoeandcooper said…

    Both pieces look wonderful, even if they are in the blob state. Can't wait to see more.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home