Cross Stitch Ramblings

31.7.06

Ballet Dancer & Rose Fairy

Here is the latest on Ballet Dancer - she's still looking blobby but now at least she has a foot, a hand, and the beginnings of an arm. There is a lot of flesh in this design!

I spent a lot of time working on Rose Fairy over the weekend and now we have half a rose - makes a nice change from green leaves.


On Friday evening we had a power surge and the bulb in my new lamp blew. Strange - we had other lights on and it was the only one that blew - it had to be the most expensive bulb in the house and only 2 days old! My husband thinks I should ask the suppliers for a replacement, although it can't have been better packaged. I went to Hobbycraft yesterday to buy a replacement - they sell the lamp and had an assortment of daylight bulbs on sale, but, of course, not the particular one I need. On the way out of the shop I spotted some half price Mirabilia and L&L patterns. I have been very restrained at buying charts lately since I have enough to keep me going for nearly 20 years but I could not help myself! Here's a very bad picture of them. The L&L one is 'The Lady of the Thread'. My favourite is the Mirabilia 'Under the Friendship Tree' which is one of the discontinued ones so I'm pleased I got that.



Ann on my last entry asked what the horizontal lines on Fantasy Triptych are for - they are 10 rows apart and correspond with the grid on the chart. As I'm working this part of the design in columns, I'm putting the vertical lines of the grid on as I go along. I find it easier not to keep losing my place with a grid for FT as with most Teresa Wentzler patterns there is no such thing as a row of stitches, the individual symbols are all over the place and having the grid lined out on the fabric is a big help in keeping track of where I am.


Today, tomorrow and Wednesday I will be working on Sleeping Beauty.

6 Comments:

  • At 31/7/06 1:17 pm, Blogger Unknown said…

    I am so drooling over your Mirabilia finds! What a great sale :)

     
  • At 31/7/06 1:47 pm, Blogger catandturtle said…

    Thanks Gill. The lines make a lot of sense. I have started a TW design so I know exactly what you mean about the symbols being all over the place. Your ballerina and fairy look great. Ann.

     
  • At 31/7/06 3:22 pm, Blogger Schokti said…

    Well - 50% off! I would have had a hard time snapping up as many as I could! Nice choices.

     
  • At 1/8/06 5:03 pm, Blogger Kathy said…

    Wow love your mirabilia find yum lol.

    Wow you have been busy stitching, looking forward to more updates.

    hugs xxxxxx

     
  • At 11/8/06 4:32 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ballet Dancer and Rose Fairy are coming along great!

    We had some power surges that night too - how strange. Lol though at Hobbycraft - they never seem to have just the thing I need either! Wish I'd read earlier about the 1/2 price sale. I bet there's not much left now. Doh.

     
  • At 21/8/06 3:47 pm, Blogger Debs said…

    Love your stitching. Good for you finding great buys on Mirabilia Designs.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home