Cross Stitch Ramblings

8.11.05

Long overdue update


Sorry about my lack of entries recently. When I am out of the habit of writing, I find it so difficult to get back in the swing of it.
This is my stitching progess - I did some of Lily of the Valley fairy while I was away. It doesn't look like much but the green part on the right hand side is now finished. The holiday wasn't really conducive to stitching - the house was lovely but an old hunting lodge all wood clad - too dark! I had intended to do a stint on Taj Mahal while I was away but I forgot the part of the pattern I hadn't already stitched so I skipped it for October.





I've done quite a bit of work on Sleeping Beauty since I've been back and am pleased with my progress. I've ordered a 'proper' set of Q-snaps from the US for when this gets bigger - I don't want to squash the stitched area in the holder things plus there are beads all over it so I really do need a bigger set. I'd taken a dislike to Q-snaps last year but they're working fine for me now. The ones I've got are probably a rip off copy - I'm hoping genuine ones will be better - I've heard good reports of them!






For this months goals - rather than working a set number of days on each project I'm intending to work a certain chunk of each one. This may mean I don't get through the whole rotation but that doesn't matter - I'll do what I can.
Sleeping Beauty - do the long drapy bit in green and white (this is done)
Celtic Winter - finish the skirt
Waiting for Neptune - complete the first half page of the pattern
Fantasy Triptych - finish the Castle
Taj Mahal - do half of the remaining area
Lily of the Valley Fairy - finish it.

6 Comments:

  • At 8/11/05 11:19 am, Blogger Unknown said…

    Welxome back! You've made some great progress! SB looks lovely. I can't wait to see you stitch up that one because I really want to do that one (and Cinderella).

     
  • At 8/11/05 8:13 pm, Blogger Lnanaa said…

    Wow it looks great! I hope to make one of those someday. :)

     
  • At 8/11/05 11:16 pm, Blogger Carol said…

    Welcome back :-) Your WIPS are both lovely!!

     
  • At 9/11/05 12:25 am, Blogger Leslie aka zoeandcooper said…

    What great WIPs. They are both looking great. I can't wait to see your progress on CW! Good luck working on those goals.

     
  • At 9/11/05 5:16 pm, Blogger Kim said…

    I agree w/ everyone else, the projects are all lovely. The Sleeping Beauty will be so gorgeous when finished. :)

     
  • At 14/11/05 10:58 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your sleeping beauty is looking really great, well done.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home