Cross Stitch Ramblings

11.10.05

Waiting for Neptune WIP

This tiny little blob of stitches is Waiting for Neptune. For the first time ever I've started in the top left hand corner. I hope its central vertically! I know the fabric is almost twice the length I needed so it should be ok that way. This little blob is about 700-800 stitches worth - I'm working one-over-one on 25 count linen. One thing I've learned - use short lengths of thread - long lengths go in knots and drive me mad! I've stitched about one twentieth of the first page and there are 18 pages. I'm mad! I keep telling DH it'll take me 10-20 years to complete it and he finds that incredible to believe. Would you get it done in a year if you didn't stitch anything else? Maybe, if I didn't go to work either. There is always the chance it will never get finished. I might get bored with cross stitch, who knows? But if I don't try, I'll never know. Its safe to say its my biggest challenge to date!!
I had a new chart arrive yesterday - Carol very kindly sent me her Miracle Butterfly chart - I love this design and enjoyed watching Carol's progress on it - its next in line after Celtic Winter - which judging by my progress on that could be six months away - but I will get there!

6 Comments:

  • At 11/10/05 11:03 pm, Blogger BeckySC said…

    Hi,
    I haven't gotten to visit with you in awhile and wanted to say your progress on CW as well as SB looks great :) WOW! And your latest progress is great as well! I will look forward to watching it come to life :)

    Thanks for sharing :)

     
  • At 12/10/05 4:54 am, Blogger Carol said…

    Oooo, you are off to a great start!!! I will join you fairly soon :-)

     
  • At 12/10/05 11:20 am, Blogger Unknown said…

    That pattern looks enormous! Very pretty colors :)

     
  • At 12/10/05 2:24 pm, Blogger Lana said…

    Wow! Looks like you will be very busy! That one looks like a doozy. What an accomplishment if you do finish! So what if it takes you 10-20 years?! It's your hobby! take as long as you want, as long as you are enjoying yourself! It is beautiful,and I wish you luck on it!
    happy stitching!
    ~Lana~

     
  • At 13/10/05 10:39 pm, Blogger Leslie aka zoeandcooper said…

    Great start on this one!!I am looking forward to seeing your progress. I love this chart.

     
  • At 14/10/05 10:21 pm, Blogger Bastet said…

    that's nine more than what I have for the Legolas cross-stitch I'm doing. I could've had more if I had uped the magnification a bit more. The only thing I find that takes a bit of time is that I never went back over the final result to take out the confetti stitches. Good Luck! It'll be well worth it.

     

<< Home