Cross Stitch Ramblings

25.9.05

Taj Mahal WIP


This is 'Taj Mahal' as it currently is - I've got to the top now, I'm about half way through. I'm liking this project a bit more now, because it actually looks like something, as opposed to most of my current works which just look like little blobs of stitches.

Stitching Bloggers Question

What is the most challenging specialty stitch you have ever stitched?
French knots.I had a mental block with them - I read how to do them over and over again in magazines but just could not understand how they were done. In the end I deliberately chose to stitch a project that involved hundreds of them - Apple Blossom Fairies - and got over the obstacle. I'm still not great at them - but at least I'm not scared of them any more.

9 Comments:

  • At 25/9/05 4:51 pm, Blogger Leslie aka zoeandcooper said…

    I'm glad that you are enjoying TM a little more now. It will be gorgeous when you are done.

    I too like projects more when they begin to look like something. Makes me feel like I am making progress:)

     
  • At 26/9/05 4:12 am, Blogger Carol said…

    Your Taj Mahal is looking wonderful!!!! Yep, french knots can surely be a bit daunting - sometimes I use beads instead of stitching the french knots :-)

     
  • At 26/9/05 2:01 pm, Blogger Carol said…

    Hi Gill,
    I believe you had mentioned once that your DH likes Miracle Butterfly - that was you, right? Would you like my used chart? I want to give it away, but before I post it on my blog, I wanted to ask you first :-)

     
  • At 26/9/05 11:36 pm, Blogger Mindy said…

    Taj Mahal is looking great! The colors are spectacular! I'm glad you've got to the point where it starts looking at something. I enjoy stitching more when I can make sense out of the picture.

     
  • At 27/9/05 3:25 pm, Blogger Kali said…

    This is a beautiful piece. Looks like you are coming along nicely on it. :)

     
  • At 29/9/05 11:23 am, Blogger Unknown said…

    Taj Mahal looks beautiful!

     
  • At 29/9/05 9:09 pm, Blogger Kathy said…

    well done it is looking lovely

    Hugs xxxx

     
  • At 3/10/05 7:01 am, Blogger Nitin Goyal said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 7/10/05 12:21 am, Blogger Sharon said…

    This looks great - those birds - you are almost waiting to see the flap of their wings as they fly overhead... You should be very pleased with yourself

     

Post a Comment

<< Home