Cross Stitch Ramblings

20.10.05

Waiting for Neptune & Fantasy Triptych



This is Waiting for Neptune as at last Friday & Fantasy Triptych as of last night. I apologise once again for my lack of blog updating and commenting. Its the usual, work, children, chores. Plus now that DH is unemployed he's always here which means he spends a lot of his time on the computer, seriously limiting my access to it! Never mind, it goes so slowly these days it frustrates me no end.
I'm quite pleased with my progress on WFN. I know it still looks like a little blob, but there are quite a lot of stitches in there. I had hoped to get a bit more done on FT. I'm bored with the Castle wall colours, I think most people who have stitched this one found the Castle panel the most hard going. I'm keeping myself going by the thought it will look a lot more castle-y once the backstitch is on.

We go away tomorrow to Scotland for just over a week. Taj Mahal and Lily of the Valley Fairy are coming with me - there may or may not be progress on them. I won't be back until 30th Oct so definitely no more blogging until then.

Questions
How do you `non-hoopists' who use a rotation system handle it (as it
seems to be lot easier if you are in good terms with hoop)? Do you
have several scroll frames? Do you use Q-snaps or maybe something
completely different? Or do you just have one or two big projects and
others are small enough to be kept in hand while stitching?

I like working with a hoop but don't like hoop marks on my fabric so now I am a 'non-hoopist'. The two small projects are in lock corner frames, the largest one is permanently mounted on scroll bars and the other three are sharing a medium sized set of q-snaps. This may change as the stitched areas get bigger.

Do you mark or hi-lite your patterns or can you follow them without any markings? Do you make copies to mark up, or do you mark originals?
Depends. If its a mass of symbols and difficult to follow I will shade in pencil as I go along. I prefer not to if I can manage. Sometimes I work from copies, I should always work from copies, but very often I'm too lazy/disorganized to get a copy so work from the original.

2 Comments:

  • At 20/10/05 3:56 pm, Blogger Carol said…

    Hi Gill - both look great!!!! I hear it does take a long time to see tons of progress on HAED designs... but it does look like you have done tons of stitches already. Wow, have a great time in Scotland! I am so jealous! I hope you get some pics to post!! Travel safely!

     
  • At 21/10/05 4:15 pm, Blogger Lana said…

    Have a good trip! We will all miss you! Good job on "FT", and Neptune!
    ~Lana~

     

<< Home