Cross Stitch Ramblings

30.9.05

Lily of the Valley fairy


Yesterday was the last of my September 5 day stint on Lily of the Valley Fairy. I had hoped to get all of the green on the right hand side done but there was just too much of it! I am quite pleased with myself though for continuing with the green bit rather than drifting over to the actual fairy - I'll save her for next month.
Stitching Bloggers Question
Have you ever just quit a project while in the midst of it? (We're not
referring to UFOs here, rather projects that you know that you'll
never work on again.) Why? What did you do with it - throw it out,
give it away, put it away?

I've written about this one before - Tutankhamun's mask. I was initially drawn to it because of the vibrant colours and did stitch quite a lot. But it involves metallic threads which I got all tangled up - and the other thread is all muddled up. At some stage it has had coffee spilled all over it. The main reason for its abandonment is I came to the realisation that, despite the vibrant colours, it is in fact a death mask, and I don't want a death mask hanging on my wall. It is languishing at the bottom of a box underneath a jumble of thread, fabric, old patterns and whatnot. I can't bring myself to throw it out but it's never going to get finished.
Goals
Its fairly early in the day but knowing me I won't write again for a few days so I'm going to do the goals thing now.
My September goals were to complete 5 days stitching on each of the 6 WIPs you can see in my sidebar. Due to other commitments I did have a few non-stitching days and Celtic Winter and Fantasy Triptych were very little stitched as a result. I did however manage all of my new starts. Some of the 5 day stints drifted into the 6th day because I wanted to finish the little bit I was on.
October goals are similar - there will be one extra day which is allocated to Taj Mahal. October is going to be a busy month - my son is in his last year at junior school and we are going through the process of selecting his next school. Its not a simple task! There will be lots of open evenings to be attended. October also includes 4 major birthdays (Mum, Dad, Son and good friend), plus we go away to Scotland for the last week so progress isn't going to be enormous.

Today Sleeping Beauty comes back out of the drawer. Must go stitch .....!

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home