Cross Stitch Ramblings

8.10.05

Sleeping Beauty WIP

Here is Sleeping Beauty as at last Tuesday - most of the work was done last weekend, I only used two colours - white & the pale green. You can see now in the white where the swirls will be, but they are done in beads which I will leave until later.
My stitching time this week has been seriously eaten into as my son is in the top year of junior school and we are doing the rounds to chose his secondary school. Its an important decision and a very complicated process! As a result I've had two more 'no stitching at all' days and once again Celtic Winter has been seriously neglected. I am never going to catch up with the other ladies on the SAL, but these things can't be helped! I have done a fair amount of work on CW today and yesterday and am getting over my dislike of the grey. I should be able to post a WIP tomorrow.
I had a small ebay win - Just cross stitches Christmas ornaments 2004. Now I know what all these fancy threads my American blogging threads talk about get used for! Mostly the UK designs just call for DMC & Anchor - but the other threads are all available through Sew and So so the ornaments are do-able. Whether or not I actually get one done before Christmas is another matter!
Stitching Bloggers Question
When you have almost finished a pattern and start thinking about the
next one to stitch, how do you select it? (a list, most recent
purchase, etc.)

There is a strict plan. I have a six project rotation and each current project falls into a particular category, all stash in the same category is in a list behind the current project in that category. Categories currently are Teresa Wentzler, miscellaneous, flower fairies, Mirabilia, Lavender & Lace & Passione Ricamo, and HAED. Top of the lists go anything that has been given to me as a gift, to let the giver I appreciate it, next fully kitted up projects, lastly charts yet to be kitted. It is a very organised system, but I have to admit it'll all go out the window if what I fancy stitching doesn't happen to fit into the plan.

My husband gets made redundant at the end of next week. Its been looming for years but has finally come around. I have a part time job - three days a week, but to boost funds during DH's unemployment I will be working full time as of November. Gone will be my 'me' days of much stitching and very little else..... boo hoo! I am living in hope that he gets a fantastic new job soon, very soon!

3 Comments:

  • At 8/10/05 8:42 pm, Blogger Running Kiwi said…

    Good progress on Sleeping Beauty ... reminds me how long it's been since I worked on mine!

    Good luck to your DH ... and to you getting used to the new routine, we've been through it a couple of times ((hug)).

     
  • At 8/10/05 11:11 pm, Blogger Carol said…

    Oh, yikes - so sorry you are losing stitching time soon! Hopefully your DH will do a lot around the house (as mine does) so you can still stitch as you want at night! Your Sleeping Beauty is looking gorgeous - just love those colors! I hope the Miracle Butterfly chart arrives soon for you.

     
  • At 9/10/05 11:27 am, Blogger Unknown said…

    Sleeping Beauty is such a gorgeous piece. I look forward to following your progress. Great job!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home