Cross Stitch Ramblings

29.8.05

Lily of the Valley Fairy


Here's my first WIP of Lily of the Valley Fairy - who I'm going to call Lily for short. I have been working on her since Friday and have got quite a bit done - I am in a bit of a stitching frenzy at the moment - I'm enjoying stitching Lily and can't put her down. I changed the fabric in the kit for a piece of 32ct linen I had in my stash which I cut to the same size. I should have cut it bigger - at the moment I'm using a small hoop but won't be able to use a bigger one when the stitched area gets too big to fit inside the aperture. I don't want to squash stitches with the hoop - you can see from my picture of Taj Mahal on the last entry that I have had part of the stitched area squashed the hoop and I wish I hadn't done that - I don't like the way it looks at the moment although I don't doubt it will look ok once its finished, washed and pressed. I'll probably end up stitching Lily in the hand like I do with most projects as they come near the end.

Stitching Bloggers Question-
I'm being lazy about typing out the question .... it asked which was your biggest and smallest ever projects.

I'm too lazy to measure them! The biggest is a toss up between TW's The Castle, TW's Castle Sampler (these are about the same size), Maria Van Scharrenburg's 'Night' (aka Butterfly at Rest) - this may be a tad bigger than the TW's. Either that or Rainbow Ride, which is not very wide but is three times as long as any of the others. I'm going to plump for Rainbow Ride. The smallest would be a littly that I put in a Christmas card - probably the Christmas tree I gave to my Mum last year.

3 Comments:

  • At 30/8/05 2:04 pm, Blogger Gina E. said…

    Hi Julianna, I love dropping in here to see what you are stitching...I wish I had enough time to do these large projects. It must be very satisfying to see them through to completion. Do you mind if I give you a hint on how to avoid crushing your stitches in an embroidery hoop? Cover the hoop with bias binding - winding it around the whole hoop then securing it with a couple of stitches. You are an experienced stitcher, so I would not be surprised if you already do this! I was taught to do it when I took a course at the Embroiderers' Guild of Vic.

     
  • At 30/8/05 9:47 pm, Blogger Carol said…

    Oh, Lily of the Valley Fairy is moving along so quickly!! She is lovely!!! Have you ever thought of using a Q-Snap instead of a hoop?

     
  • At 31/8/05 1:56 am, Blogger BeckySC said…

    She is looking lovely! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home