Cross Stitch Ramblings

13.11.05

Celtic Winter

This is the latest on Celtic winter .... it doesn't look like I've done a lot, but I have honest! My scanned pictures of Celtic Winter always look so awful, none of the sparkle in the gold thread shows up. Next time I'll use the camera and hopefully it'll look better. I was full of self doubt after my stint on this one last month, maybe I should be using the gold thread the pattern suggests, but really its the pictures I post here in my blog that are doing this to me. My Celtic Christmas in the sidebar also looks dull, but in real life it is full of sparkle and really beautiful. My intention is to keep going on CW until the skirt is finished.

My new toy from America arrived this week and I've realised why I kept moaning about my so-called Q-snaps when everyone else thought they were wonderful. The genuine article really is! My old version was much chunkier with big chunky corner elbows and the snap thingies didn't hold nearly so well. I should have bought proper ones long ago!

I also had a couple of ebay wins arrive ..... Teresa Wentzler's 'Lady of Shallot' chart, one of two remaining TW charts I was still hankering after. It is similar in style to Rapunzel so I'm not sure I want to stitch them both .... maybe if I leave 10 years between them. I don't want to repeat the way I am currently feeling about Celtic Winter having recently finished the very similar Celtic Christmas. The other chart is a Black Swan one, Avatar, wizard of the wind. I am drawn to fantasy-style designs and DH encourages me! Of course I want the other Black Swan wizards now .... more for the wishlist.

11 Comments:

  • At 14/11/05 11:12 am, Blogger Unknown said…

    CW looks great :) All those little grey stitches would drive me mad!

     
  • At 14/11/05 12:37 pm, Blogger Lnanaa said…

    I love the Celtic Winter. It's one of my favorites. I'm thinking about doing one next year. It looks like it's turning out great to me. :)

     
  • At 14/11/05 12:48 pm, Blogger Kathy said…

    CW looks great, I must get on with mine lol. Not stitched on her for well over a month now opps lol.

    est get cracking

    hugs xxxxx

     
  • At 14/11/05 10:58 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Keep going with CW, it look stunning.

     
  • At 15/11/05 10:37 pm, Blogger Leslie aka zoeandcooper said…

    You are making great progress on CW. Keep up the good work!

     
  • At 16/11/05 12:38 am, Blogger Carol said…

    CW looks wonderful! I have the same problem with MTM - my scans don't show how sparkly the Treasure Braid is :-) Congrats on your new Q-Snaps! I adore mine and am thrilled you discovered them - stitching is much more pleasant now, isn't it?

     
  • At 24/11/05 4:19 am, Blogger Bastet said…

    Celtic Winter looks wonderful. I really need to buckle down and start up a rotation again so that I can try and play catch up with the rest of the Celtic Ladies stitch along.

     
  • At 24/11/05 1:58 pm, Blogger Gina E. said…

    Julianna, I saw a completed project of Celtic Christmas at an embroidery exhibition recently. You could never get a picture on the Internet - scanned or otherwise - to look as good as the real thing, so don't stress over it! Those of us who read your blog will probably have a good idea of the reality of the finished items, and certainly don't think any less of your work because it doesn't 'sparkle' in your pictures here!

     
  • At 3/12/05 5:45 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hiya

    How much did you get charged shipping for your q-snaps? Did you get them from Stitching Bits and Bobs? What size did you get?

     
  • At 13/12/05 6:08 pm, Blogger Kathy said…

    CW is looking great, I am doing CA at the moment, but hoping to start CW on the new year

    Hugs xxxxxx

     
  • At 23/12/05 1:21 pm, Blogger Leslie aka zoeandcooper said…

    Keep up the good work on CW. She looks beautiful!!

    i love Lady of Shallot too. It is such a lovely piece. Hopefully I will get up the courage to stitch her at some point.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home