Cross Stitch Ramblings

30.6.05

Lots to say!

Here is Lady with Lilac Flower as at tonight. She doesn't look very different to the last WIP, but I am keeping a promise to myself to update my blog more often and entries always look more interesting with piccies!


I had some new stash arrive yesterday - Teresa Wentzler's Sampler collection and Christmas collection. Now I really do have enough TW charts to keep me going for 30 years! I'm especially delighted with the Sampler book which is kinda strange since the stitcher I was before I had my children wouldn't touch samplers with a bargepole. How tastes change! I bought these books through Amazon where they were significantly cheaper than the online shops - I ordered them about a month ago and wasn't expecting them until mid-July so receiving them yesterday was a nice surprise.

Stitching Blogger's Question"

When starting a new project, do you start in the middle? If you do,
once you've worked down to the bottom, do you turn your chart and
fabric around so that you are stitching the top section downwards
again or do you just stitch upwards from the middle?


I always start in the middle, and am equally happy working downwards and upwards.


Goals for June/July
June Goals
Castle Sampler - 1 side of the border - yes, plus some of all the other sides.
Taj Mahal - 6 blocks - yes, I did 12
Lady with Lilac Flower - 20 blocks - yes, I think so. I am no longer counting the blocks but I did quite a few.
Celtic Christmas - finish the lady. Yes, I did, but I'm going to unpick and re-work the face.

July goals
My slightly longer term goal is to finish all 3 large WIPs by the end of August, this would mean doing roughly half of what is left by the end of July, so .....
Castle Sampler - at least one and a half more sides of the border
Taj Mahal - 6 more blocks
Lady with Lilac Flower - Appx 20 blocks
Celtic Christmas - finish the lady, unpicking and re-working the bits I'm not happy with, and stitch at least one side of the border.
Blog - Update at least twice a week!!

1 Comments:

  • At 1/7/05 5:15 pm, Blogger Carol said…

    Hi! Love the progress pic! I have to admit, I tend to skim a blog entry if there is no pic, and likely not even comment.... but if you put up WIP pics, it becomes the highlight of my day - strange, huh? I agree, that TW Sampler Book is wonderful - I have all the stuff aside now to start Harvest Sampler someday soon :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home