Cross Stitch Ramblings

26.6.05

Castle Sampler/Taj Mahal


I've finally finished one side of the outer border. Its uncomplicated stitching, but there's a lot of it, so its taken a lot longer than I was expecting. The actual letters and the twiddly bits between the letter blocks are mostly one-over-one. I have stitched all of these the wrong way round, because they are sideways I was looking at it at a different angle, but I don't think it matters.














I spent a small amount of time last night and this morning on Taj Mahal .... my son also wants me to stitch the Eiffel Tower as well now .... we'll have to see about that!



Stitching Bloggers Questions

Do you feel the need to stitch a design from a specific designer just
to say that you've experienced stitching one of their designs?

Yes, I am the sort of person that would do that, although I would never feel compelled to stitch anything I don't like. I started Celtic Christmas when I did because I wanted to have stitched something by Lavender & Lace.

Are there any types of designs that you won't stitch?
All sorts. Pictures of people taken from photos, images representing war, religious images, over-cutesie designs, bowls of flowers, man-type themes such as golf, cricket etc., modern samplers, and, at the risk of offending 90% of other stitchers, anything with cats. Sorry!!

1 Comments:

  • At 27/6/05 8:23 pm, Blogger Carol said…

    Hi! Your Castle Sampler just blows me away! Wow, gorgeous!!! I got the packet in the mail today - thank you! I adore the Tulip Fairy! You are too sweet! I left you feedback :-) Thank you, thank you!!!!!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home