Cross Stitch Ramblings

14.1.07

Believe it or not


I'm back!! You always knew I would be eh?!

I had a mega stitching slump at the end of 2006 - I always do seem to trail off in December but this was serious - about 4 months and hardly a needle lifted - what was happening to me!!!


I did, from time to time, pick up my Rose Fairy and put a few stitches in. But I've gone a bit wrong on it, and not being in stitching mode could not bring myself to sort it out. It will get done eventually, I'm feeling a little drawn back to it right now. Maybe it will happen ..... maybe not.


The real work has been done on my Ballet Dancer ...... taa daa!!

I am determined to finish - I've run out of a couple of colours - my frogging and not Lanarte's fault, unfortunately the pattern doesn't include the DMC numbers so I have to use my eyesight and colour chart and come up with the best matches. Not something I relish. These missing colours explain the hole in her head and half a missing foot - but she does at least look human now and not just a blue blob. The background stitching, in particular the bit on the floor which is shadow, is the most boring ever! I am so looking forward to finishing it. Don't have any strict rotation plans at the moment ..... will go with the flow. Would like to get a few more finishes done this year though - the stash cupboard is bursting at the seams!


3 Comments:

  • At 14/1/07 7:34 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Gill

    Glad to see you back. Ballet Dancer looks beautiful. Why not email Lanarte and tell them which colours you've run out of and they'll probably send you a little of each. If it's not DMC they've used in their kit then you might not find an exact match.


    Grr tell me about background stitching - boring isn't it. I'm doing loads and loads of it at the moment on Moonwatchers.

    Don't worry about Rose Fairy. She'll happen when she happens.

    Hope you had a good Christmas and New Year, and once again, Welcome Back!

     
  • At 14/1/07 8:48 pm, Blogger Carol said…

    Welcome back! It is fantastic to hear from you again! Your ballet dancer is gorgeous!

     
  • At 15/1/07 6:21 pm, Blogger Unknown said…

    Your dancer is just lovely. Welcome back!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home