Cross Stitch Ramblings

25.3.06

Fantasy Triptych, Taj Mahal, Primrose Fairy

When I wrote my last entry I couldn't get blogger photos to work, so I went onto Imageshack and found its got all new and improved since last I used it - I could post my entire blog entry there. But there's something weird about it, the text keeps disappearing, I've no idea why! Thankfully blogger photos seems to be working again now.

I made some progess on TW's Fantasy Triptych at the beginning of the week. Those turrets are breeding!


I did 3 evenings work on Taj Mahal but it doesn't look like it - all I got done was the boat. I messed up a bit and had to do some frogging. I'm determined to get this finished by the end of April so will need to pick up speed on it a bit.


I've devoted a lot of time yesterday and today on Primrose fairy and so believe there is a resemblance of a fairy now, rather than a blob of yellow stiches. She does look a bit like an auton though with her featureless face. She'll look much better once the backstitch is on.


Project for tomorrow .. Mirabilia's Sleeping Beauty

In other news ......

I've managed to lose 24 pounds on my diet. I am a serial dieter, but have not lost more than 10 pounds before blowing it and regaining it all for the past 9 years so this is progess.

My son, who is due to move onto secondary school in September, did not get into the school of our first choice. He initially didn't get offered our 2nd choice either, which at the time caused a lot of heartache. The 3rd choice school was good enough but he would have been the only one there from his primary school which is hard enough for any child but especially a problem for a boy with Asperger syndrome. He has since been offered a waiting list place at our 2nd choice school which was a huge relief.

My husband, unemployed for 3 months, has been back in work since late February. It is contract work so has no certainty, as a result of which I am still working full time, which I hate! My own future employment is looking increasingly uncertain due to an assortment of very boring reasons. Due to no fault of my own I will shortly be forced to take what is effectively a pay cut which is very aggravating. Company's attitude is par to 'be grateful you still have a job'. Bah humbug!

I have not played my piano for over a week, nor ridden my bike for a month. Shame on me!

3 Comments:

  • At 26/3/06 5:28 am, Blogger Leslie aka zoeandcooper said…

    Great progress on all of your pieces...they look lovely. Congrats on losing all that weight too!!! I know how hard it can be.

     
  • At 26/3/06 2:25 pm, Blogger DonnaSews said…

    Beautiful Work...

    and congrats on the diet. What diet are you on? I would like to lose some weight also. I am anxious to see Sleeping Beauty. I have it in my Future Projects basket.

    Donna
    http://crossstitchsamplers.blogspot.com/

     
  • At 27/3/06 1:28 am, Blogger Stitch said…

    Hi! Wonderful progress on the TW and Taj Mahal! :) You are a brave lady as I'm intimidated by TWs..LOL Congrats on your weight loss as well! It's agreat feeling..giving all those "big" clothes away..and buy some new smaller ones..LOLOL

    Have a great day!

    *HUGS*

     

Post a Comment

<< Home