Cross Stitch Ramblings

12.2.06

Fantasy Triptych & Taj Mahal


I worked on Fantasy Triptych on Wednesday and Thursday and this is the result. Sorry about the wonkiness of the picture but you get the idea! The work I have done this time was on the far right of the castle wall and the turret that is sticking up on the right hand side. FT is time consuming because it is all confetti stitching but its ok - I'm really looking forward to doing the backstitch on this one - it'll make the castle come to life.

And here is Taj Mahal. I worked on this Friday and Saturday - I did a lot of work on it on Friday because I was off work but found a big mistake & had to do a fair bit of frogging. I got quite a bit done though - most of what has been done on the reflection.

I feel as if I've had Taj Mahal on the go forever! Can't quite remember when I started it but it was before my last finish which was in August last year. I'm due another finish! Roll on Lily of the Valley Fairy!

Today is my birthday. I'm not sure how I feel about being 40 now - I thought I'd got used to the idea but now it feels strange. I was in my thirties for such a long time! I'm mentally compiling a list of things to do before I die - I'm feeling the urge to achieve something in my life - a list may appear in the not too distant future!

My one stitching related birthday pressie was a 'proper' pair of embroidery scissors. On the HAED website they say one of the must-haves to stitch these designs is a decent pair of embroidery scissors since frogging something on such a small scale is near on impossible without a decent pair of scissors. My old pair are in fact nail scissors and they've been chewed by the dog so I was well overdue some proper ones.

Today I've done a little bit of work on Lily of the Valley Fairy. Pic to come soon!

4 Comments:

  • At 13/2/06 12:41 am, Blogger Leslie aka zoeandcooper said…

    Great progress on both pieces. I really enjoy watching your Taj Mahal grow.

    Happy Birthday!!

     
  • At 14/2/06 3:09 pm, Blogger Carol said…

    Happy Belated Birthday Gill!!! Sorry I missed that! Wow, your FT is amazing - I am so impressed by your diligence with these TW pieces! I am not sure I could do one as quickly as you do!! And Taj Mahal looks just wonderful! I recently bought John Clayton's Big Ben kit and thought of you stitching his Taj :-)

     
  • At 15/2/06 3:08 pm, Blogger Kathy said…

    Happy belated birthday. Hope you had a great day.

    Wow both pieces are beautiful, looking forward to watching these grow.

    Hugs xxxxxx

     
  • At 21/2/06 1:59 pm, Blogger Vash said…

    Happy Birthday. I hope you have a great day and your family and friends buy you lots of stash!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home