Cross Stitch Ramblings

8.2.06

Celtic Winter & Waiting for Neptune


...






...I lied slightly when I wrote that I can't post photos. Its a bit of argybargy, but I can upload them via my son's laptop. He's fiercly protective of it and doesn't like anyone else to go near it, but I sneaked on before he got up this morning and uploaded these two. The one of Celtic Winter looks a bit strange because I took the photo over the top of the mousemat which you can see underneath, but I was right, the sparkle of the metallic thread shows up a lot better with the camera and gives a much more accurate representation of her. I've changed my mind about the fabric, it is the right colour, its almost exactly what the model was stitched on. What was giving me doubts was the way the light blue of the letter 'N' almost blends with the fabric - but I think it'll show up better when the B5200 is on. My Father-in-law took notice of this one the other evening, I can't remember him ever making a comment about my stitching before, I think he likes it. You can't always tell with men! We held it up beside my completed Celtic Christmas but he still seemed more impressed with the white version. I'm pleasantly surprised!

Monday and Tuesday's work was on Waiting For Neptune. I had been missing DMc3072 so it was looking patchy because this particular shade features fairly heavily. I've bought a skein of this thread at least twice before and they just disappear as soon as they enter my house. One day I will find lots of little Hobbycraft bags with single skeins of DMC3072 in them. I'm sure they will be used eventually. I also filled in lots of other little gaps - many of them single stitches. Now I have all the colours I'm going to try & not leave gaps - its much more satisfying working a patch and seeing some progress instead of lots of individual little stitches.

Tonight I move onto Fantasy Triptych. I think the worked area still fits on the scanner so fingers crossed there will be another picture within the next couple of days!

5 Comments:

  • At 8/2/06 9:04 pm, Blogger Kim said…

    Your Celtic Winter is so pretty! You are doing a fantastic job on it. And the other looks like it's going well. :D

    Good luck w/ the Fantasy Triptych. :D

     
  • At 10/2/06 4:26 am, Blogger Carol said…

    Gill, I am so happy you posted some pics. Your Celtic Winter looks amazing. I was saddened the other day when you sounded like you do not enjoy this one... but you sound better about it now that you have really looked at it. I must confess I really love working on mine.

    And, Waiting for Neptune - oh your progress is wonderful! I must find time to start this one (it better be soon if I ever plan to finish it in this lifetime, right?? LOL) Thanks for the inspiration :-)

     
  • At 10/2/06 12:04 pm, Blogger Unknown said…

    Lovely pics. I love the way the sparkles show up on CW. She's looking great!

     
  • At 11/2/06 5:07 am, Blogger BeckySC said…

    LOVELY progresses, Gill :)

     
  • At 15/2/06 7:48 pm, Blogger Unknown said…

    Celtic Winter looks fantastic :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home