Cross Stitch Ramblings

7.7.05

London

I was going to post an entry yesterday all full of joy and delight at London having won the Olympics. It was almost unbelievable for something so positive to happen to us. I live in Essex, about 30 minutes train ride from the east end of London. I will actually be able to go and see the games. Amazing.

Then this morning do we have to be brought down to earth with a bump. What are these evil twisted people trying to achieve? I am an optimistic person, I always seek positive things out of bad situations. But there is nothing positive about terrorism, indescriminate murder. My husband was at work in central London and was unable to leave his building all day. He was scared. He's home now, and safe. Our thoughts go out to those who weren't so lucky as him.

I never intended this to be a rant blog. I've said my piece now.

2 Comments:

  • At 8/7/05 4:09 am, Blogger Carol said…

    Yes, a very sad day indeed. I have been worried about my UK friends today. I am so glad to hear your DH is home safe and sound!! Give him extra hugs tonight!

     
  • At 12/7/05 5:47 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I like your blogs. I am in the process of launching a website, "knittingcafes.com", if you are interested in having a link please contact me at prographics@optonline.net or call 917-771-6996.

    Thanks,
    Madeline

     

Post a Comment

<< Home