Cross Stitch Ramblings

18.3.05

Thoughts and stitches

Hand died fabrics
I'd never given a thought to hand died fabric until the comments received on my last entry. To be honest I didn't really care what I stitched on as long as it is evenweave. But now I'm hooked on the idea. The Lady with Lilac flower I'm stitching is on printed linen which gives a mottled effect. It works. I'll definitely give serious consideration to Silkweavers hand died fabrics when it comes to stitching some of my large Mirabilias.

New stash!
The 'Angel of Cross Stitch' chart arrived this week. I don't usually do angels - being a non religious soul, but this one is special! I was introduced to it by Angelsan who stitched it last year. It involves 391 different colours (all the DMC colours that were available at the time, in 1999), the challenge of which appeals to me very much, it also gives me an excuse to considerably increase my already substantial thread stash!

Rotation
The daily rotation idea has gone out of the window. It worked well a couple of weeks ago, when I was stitching at least 5 hours a day. But stitching has to give sometime. Dull as it all is, housework, laundry, ironing, car washing etc. has to be done eventually. And when I only get half hour or so to do stitching in a day and I'm switching projects every day I get very little done and get myself in an almighty muddle. I still want to rotate but I'll stick with one for a while before moving onto the next. No hard and fast rules about when I switch, just when I feel like it really. But I do want to regularly work on all 3 of them. UFOs are banned!

Castle Sampler
All of the work this week has been on the Castle Sampler. The cross stitching on the Queen is now finished. There's a lot of background stitching around this part of the design, when I've finished all the stitches that actually touch the Queen, I'll do the backstitch on her (for which I'll need to retrieve the TW fantasy booklet from wherever I shoved it last time) and then I'll take a photo. Shouldn't be too long!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home