Cross Stitch Ramblings

12.3.05

Stitchers Question of the Week

Do you have a favorite designer (or designers)? If so, who is it and why is he or she your favorite?

It has to be Teresa Wentzler. The best word I can use to describe her designs is 'striking'. They always give impressive results. I love the detail, and I love a challenge. The subject matter is also usually close to my heart. I love fantasy designs, particularly castles. I wouldn't stitch absolutely everything of Teresa's, she hasn't even stitched them all herself! I have only actually completed 2, The Castle, which was one of my earliest projects, stitched some time in between my taking up cross stitch in around 1991 and the birth of my son in 1994, when cross stitch was virtually abandoned. The 2nd was 'Companions' (Father Christmas in non-traditional blue accompanied by a non-traditional horse but still clearly Father Christmas), which was vitually finished before my son was born but remained a UFO until I took up stitching again in earnest last year because I found the backstitch so difficult. My 3rd TW, 'The Castle Sampler' is about one third of the way through. There are about another 8 in my stash.

Cicely Mary Barker's Flower Fairies are another firm favourite. I would stitch virtually anything of her's although I do prefer the DMC interpretations over the Craft Collection ones

I do need lots of variety so I stitch lots of different styles from assorted different designers. Sometimes there may be just one I like from a designer, my current 'Lady with Lilac Flower' from Sara Moon for example, and 'Passion of the Dance' by Elsa Williams which I stitched last year. Lavender & Lace, Mirabilia, the list goes on .....

All in all, a pretty mixed bag!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home