Cross Stitch Ramblings

5.3.05

Question of the Week

Stitching Bloggers Question

Which do you prefer and why? "Old-fashioned" black and white symbol-only charts, charts with coloured blocks, or charts with a combination of coloured blocks and symbols?

Most of the charts I've worked on have been the "old fashioned" style. These are fine, especially if they are printed rather than handwritten. I've only worked a couple with a combination of coloured blocks and symbols, charts from magazines, these were fine too.

I once stitched a design with just coloured blocks - The Pansy Fairy from the Craft Collection. I had a terrible time with it! I was almost seeing stars in front of my eyes and found it impossible to differentiate several of the colours from each other. This project was a UFO for about 10 years and I've a good idea why! I finally finished it last year but ended up largely improvising. I have one other kit with a chart like this one in my stash - The Daisy Fairy, which is even worse because the chart looks like a colour photocopy (I bought it off ebay - highly suspicious). Its right at the top of my 'projects I may well never end up stitching' list. Ah well!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home