Cross Stitch Ramblings

9.2.05

Insert interesting title here

The border on the castle is now about three quarters done, I'll post a picture when its finished. I have no timeframe on when the whole thing will be finished, I guess it will take at least another couple of months.
I had 2 pieces of white evenweave arrive today which I will use to replace the aida in a couple of the kits in the stash. I only need one more. I'm debating whether to throw away The Daisy Fairy. This was a kit I bought through ebay that I was very disappointed with. I have a feeling the Craft Collection may have improved their designs over recent years but this is one of the old style ones, th chart is in colours rather than symbols which are a headache to follow, and the backstitch simply follows the outlines, it does nothing for the design. I have already completed one of these kits - The Pansy fairy, and was not happy with the finished result. The Daisy Fairy is worse because the chart is not an original - its a photocopy and several of the colours merge into one another. I love the actual Daisy Fairy but am seriously doubting whether the finished result will be worth the effort involved.
I finalised the purchase of Lanarte's 'Lady with Lilac Flower' today which is to be a birthday pressie from M-I-L (she's giving me the money to get it). Since its a gift I may start this one when I get it rather than putting it to the bottom of the pile like I usually do, but it all depends how I feel about it when it actually arrives. I've never stitched a Lanarte design before so we'll see.....

1 Comments:

  • At 12/2/05 3:32 am, Blogger Carol said…

    Oooo! I have Castle Sampler on my to-do list! I shall have to bookmark you (find you surfing cross stitch blogs) and see if you post any progress pictures. This is one of my favorite TW Samplers :-) Good luck! Carol in NH, USA

     

Post a Comment

<< Home