Cross Stitch Ramblings

21.2.05

Stitching news

I haven't written an entry for a few days so let's do several at once!

Castle Sampler
Here's an updated WIP
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
The backstitch around the castle and border is all finished now - the vines so far are enjoyable to do but time consuming - it took me nearly all day to finish that little bit!

Stitching Goodies are here!

My long awaited stitching goodies finally arrived on Wednesday - the dusty green linen for Celtic Christmas - that is all now kitted up and ready to go - and my Lanarte Lady with Lilac Flower kit from Lanarte which I bought with my birthday money from mother in law.
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
I've decided to start on this one straight away rather than putting it in the pile and not touching it for two years - I have this theory that I am more likely to receive stitching goodies for gifts if the people who buy them actually see me stitching them within memory of them having bought them! I'm attemtping to do this in a sort of rotation with the Castle Sampler. I'm not a rotation stitcher, I will have more than one WIP but I tend to shelve one and completely finish another before going back to it. I've already shelved Castle Sampler twice and don't want to do that again, it deserves better treatment than that! I can't do any sort of timed rotation because there are too many distractions in my life so my intention is to work on either one every other day. I worked on Lady with Lilac Flowers yesterday (no WIP pic yet - its just a little blob of stitches) and this morning its back in the drawer and the Castle Sampler is back out. A few entries ago I wrote I'd never worked a Lanarte design before, I'd forgotten about Maria Van Scharrenburg's Night which I completed last summer. This one is similar to stitch - mostly single strand, presorted thread and a large, clear chart. The fabric has a sort of died mottly yellowy wash over it, its more of a natural fabric than I'm used to, the fabric strands are quite uneven in thickness. Should be a challenge!


Stitching Bloggers Question of the Week

What is your favourite fabric to stitch on?

28ct evenweave. I'm largely unadventurous on my choice of fabric - I will use whatever the chart recommends or whatever comes with the kit. I'm not sure if I've ever stitched on any other count on evenweave, don't pay that much attention.

Back from the framing man

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

For the first time, the framer did a less than brilliant job with the Apple Blossom Fairies. The dark border lines were all wonky at the top - my eye was immediately drawn to it as soon as I went in the room. As soon as I got it home my husband took it out of the frame and spent about an hour pushing and prodding it around to get it straighter - the framer uses sticky mountboard which fortunately was still tacky so it could be taken apart. It looks much better now. Next time my husband is going to have a go at putting it on the mountboard before it goes to the framer, considering the hours and hours of work that go into my stitching they really do deserve a good framing job.

And here is Numbers:

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
I am completely happy with this one - now just waiting for the baby to be born so I can give it to the proud parents!

1 Comments:

  • At 27/2/05 3:55 am, Blogger Carol said…

    Julianna - your Castle Sampler is looking fantastic! You are inspiring me! Thanks for the kind comments about my Fairy Flora :-) Yes, she is moving quickly, but I want her done soon :-)

    Carol

     

Post a Comment

<< Home