Cross Stitch Ramblings

28.2.05

Mad about Mirabilia

I'm sticking with my rotation between the Castle Sampler and Lady with Lilac Flower. Its actually working quite well, I'm getting a break from both of them but both are progressing quite well. Lady with Lilac Flower is stitched on 35 count linen in a single strand - its going to be a long time before it looks anything other than a blob of stitches. If I was stitching this and only this it could be quite soul destroying. Similarly The Castle Sampler, although the immediate effect is rewarding, is getting monotonous. I can't wait to finish the vines and get onto the figures underneath the castle panel!

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

I've been stash enhancing like a good-un on ebay over the past week. My new acquistions are the charts for L&L's Celtic Summer, which I've been after for ages, plus Mirabilia's Adia, the Garden Fairy, Cinderella, The Kiss, The Dreamer, and Sleeping Beauty. Now, looking at the material requirements some of these are going to cost me a small fortune to kit out! I already knew that Celtic Summer uses expensive needlepaints threads amongst other things, Sleeping Beauty and the Dreamer only use DMC threads and a couple of different beads, but the other 3 require copuious amounts of Kreinik threads, beads and treasures. I know they really give to the finished design but boy are they pricey! I'd better not kit these out all in one go but take it slowly.....

I've been thinking about joining a Fabric Club. Tandem-Cottage do one - £10 a month. But it doesn't say what you get for your £10. Bargain hunter that I am I would like to think its worth-while. Has anyone reading had any experience of Fabric Clubs?

3 Comments:

  • At 1/3/05 12:55 pm, Blogger Dalesgirl said…

    Silkweaver.com do some great fabric of the month clubs lots of different options and with the dollar so favourable you can't really go wrong you've just got to be patient for them to get across the pond.

    Sparkle

     
  • At 1/3/05 5:46 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your castle is coming along brilliantly! As for fabric clubs - I've used Silkweaver before and although it is expensive from here in the UK, the fabrics are gorgeous. I would be interested to find out more about the Tandem Cottage one - I might ask next time I pop in (it's only about 20 miles from me so it's a nice morning out).

     
  • At 4/3/05 2:02 am, Blogger Carol said…

    Yes, yes - I have info - Silkweaver's is THE BEST! Many options to choose from, all wonderful - I agree with Sparkle! And they do ship quickly - quicker than Sugar Maple, which also apparently has a nice fabric of the month too!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home