Cross Stitch Ramblings

2.2.07

Rose Fairy


Another bad scan - still can't find the camera! Not that this one would look much better I don't think, the fabric is terribly crumpled because I'm working it "in hand". The piece of fabric isn't all that big for the design so there's not much overhang, which means I can't put it in a hoop without squashing the already stitched areas, my q-snaps are too big, I'm thinking about getting a smaller set.

The area I went a bit wrong on is the unfinished one in the left hand corner. The branch and yellow-pinky looking blob on the right hand side (the legs) are what I've stitched this week. This kit includes rayon thread for some of the areas, I've never used it before and have to say, its a challenge! Its beautiful but very slippy and difficult to get neat, I am struggling, but I know what I need to do is stitch without glasses or contact lenses, I'm short sighted so can see close up work better without them. Problem is I can't see anything else!

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 2/2/07 6:16 am, Blogger Carol said…

    It's so nice to have you back here regularly - hope you stay! Your Rose Fairy is growing so much! You are awesome!

     
  • At 6/2/07 3:12 pm, Blogger Lana said…

    Hi!!! I was so happy ot see you're back! Oh please don't go away again! We love you and your stitching so much! I missed you! Your stitching is beautiful as always!!! You're such an inspiration to me!
    ~Lana~

     

Post a Comment

<< Home