Cross Stitch Ramblings

30.1.07

Fantasy Tryptich


Here is an update on FT after a week's work. Sorry about the poor scan - I can't find the camera. I'd like to have got a bit more done but its been a difficult week. I did have the land of green and brown marked out in a partial grid with red thread to make keeping my place easier. It really is just a mass of green until the backstitch goes on so really difficult to follow. But I found pulling the red thread out of the stitched areas really difficult and some of my stitching got a bit messed up so I decided to pull the whole lot out. Now I am using the parking method which is working quite well. I have a feeling of deja-vu with this one - I previously stitched Teresa Wentzler's "Companions" which is a beautiful design but full of trees, as a result of which it was a UFO for about 10 years. I love FT but am not surprised the pattern was discontinued. Its so hard!!

This week's project is the Rose Fairy which is a much easier stitch. I've skipped away from the area I went wrong on for now - will go back to that when I am feeling brave! I should hopefully have a bit more time for stitching & blogging this week so hope to update again in a couple of days.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 1/2/07 7:25 pm, Blogger windy said…

    I think this one is going to look awesome, it already looks great so I can't wait to see what it looks like when you are done with it. I also Like the sleeping beauty also.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home