Cross Stitch Ramblings

7.2.07

Rose Fairy & Sleeping Beauty

Thankyou Carol & Lana for your comments on my last entry. I really do intend being back to stay this time. I missed the stitching community while I wasn't writing, from now on I promise that barring holidays and disasters, I will write no less than once a week, even if there's not much stitching going on!






I added most of a leaf to Rose Fairy over the weekend. I'm not happy with the quality of some of my stitches, they're loose and baggy. Its because the fabric isn't taut due to lack of frame so I bit the bullet and ordered a smaller set of Q snaps from the US. I can't find anywhere that sells them in the UK, and the high postage is a bit of a put off, but it is done now! Next time I'm on Rose Fairy the frame should have arrived and I will pull out the stitches I'm not happy with and re-do.





Since Monday I have been working on Sleeping Beauty and have stitched the lower sleeve and part of the arm. When I chose SB as my first Mirabilia I think I picked the biggest one of the lot. Its huge! I've done loads but am still only about half way through. I do love stitching it though, it is really beautiful even if I say so myself!
Heavy snow is predicted for tomorrow. Snow is beautiful, I would love it if only I have to drive in it. I hate driving in it! My car is covered with a sheet all prepared. Tomorrow I only have to work a half day but if I'm driving, its not fun. And the schools sometimes close if there's snow. My children are at 2 different schools now, going on past experience my daughter's will probably be the last school still open in the county, but my son's closes at the drop of a hat. *Sigh* I hope it doesn't snow!


Labels: ,

5 Comments:

  • At 8/2/07 4:40 am, Blogger Carol said…

    I'll think of you tomorrow as I just heard I will probably be driving home from work in snow showers as well - sigh. Come on Spring!

     
  • At 8/2/07 12:22 pm, Blogger Unknown said…

    I think you're right, you did pick the biggest Mirabilia! But she is amazing!

     
  • At 9/2/07 12:08 pm, Blogger Christine said…

    Your sleeping beauty is looking beautiful. I enjoyed stitchit a few years ago.
    Have you begun "waiting for Neptune" yet ? I have it in my stash and i find it so gorgeous !!

     
  • At 9/2/07 3:57 pm, Blogger Stitch Wizard said…

    Hi Gill

    It is really great to meet you and thank you for the nice comments in my blog!! Wow you are an incredible stitcher and your projects here are so beautiful!!! I will enjoy watching your progress!! Debby

     
  • At 11/2/07 11:53 pm, Blogger Maree said…

    Beautiful works in progress! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home