Cross Stitch Ramblings

6.8.05

Lady with Lilac Flower Happy Dance!


Here she is finished at last!
Lady with Lilac Flower has truly been a white on white experience. With this project I have stitched in blocks for the first time which really helped me get along with it at a time when all I could see was a mass of confusing symbols and I was getting myself very lost. She needs washing and pressing which I'll do later today but I won't take her to the framers until my other 2 'nearly-theres' are ready to go as well. She doesn't look very happy to be finished does she?!

I'm replacing her in my rotation with DMC's Lily of the Valley Fairy. It is about time I stitched another Flower fairy, I have so many in my stash - and this one was a birthday pressie so I wanted to prioritise it. I also wanted to stitch something smaller as I will be starting several new projects at the same time but want them to be at varying stages and not all finishing at the same time as has happened this time around.

9 Comments:

  • At 6/8/05 11:44 am, Blogger Kiwi Jo said…

    ooooohhhhh, she's just so beautiful. I've loved watching your progress on her! Can't wait to see pictures of your new puppy!

     
  • At 6/8/05 1:25 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    good job!!! i love it, and applaud you for all the white on white! that would drive me bonkers! It is beautiful,a dn I can't wait to see your upcoming projects!
    happy stitching!
    -Joy-

     
  • At 6/8/05 3:10 pm, Blogger Heidi said…

    Wow, beautiful, just beautiful! Great work!!!

     
  • At 7/8/05 12:53 am, Blogger Carol said…

    Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!! I am happy dancing with you! She came out gorgeous! You must be so proud - and exhausted :-)

     
  • At 7/8/05 3:11 pm, Blogger Leslie aka zoeandcooper said…

    She is so gorgeous. That is one I have always admired in the shops and catalogs. You did such a wonderful job on it. Good luck with your other projects

     
  • At 8/8/05 11:25 am, Blogger Kathy said…

    Wow what a lovely HD, she is absolutely stunining. Well done.

    Hugs xxxxxxxx

     
  • At 9/8/05 3:39 am, Blogger Jenn said…

    oooh she looks great! No she doesn't look happy to be finished. :( Maybe she'll look happier once she is framed. :)

     
  • At 9/8/05 10:47 pm, Blogger Melissa G. said…

    Ooh, she looks fantastic! Congratulations on your happy dance!!!!

     
  • At 10/8/05 6:00 am, Blogger BeckySC said…

    BEEutiful, Julianna :) WOW! You did an AWESOME job :)
    Congratulations :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home