Cross Stitch Ramblings

3.8.05

Lady with Lilac Flower

First of all I want to say a big thankyou to Carol and Gina for your comments on my last entry. I am always full of self-doubt about posting anything personal, (that entry nearly got deleted several times!) and your words of support really do mean a lot to me.

I've been working on Lady with Lilac Flower over the past few days and she's now very nearly finished. I've done all the backstitch so her face looks a little more defined now, not sure if I prefer it or not, all I have to do now is about 6 blocks of cross stitching right at the bottom. The design includes the designer's signature on the bottom left hand corner but I'm chosing to exclude this - none of my projects so far has had the designer's signature on it so neither will this one.
My blog is probably very boring. All I ever post is pictures of the same old four projects! For the next round of the rotation I am going to increase to 6 projects. I've never had more than 6 WIPs at a time, I would feel uncomfortable if I did.

We went and chose our future dog tonight. She's a gorgeous 10-week old English Springer Spaniel - we should collect her some time next week. We haven't decided on a name yet - all sorts of funny and weird names are being bandied about. I'll post pics of her when she arrives.

4 Comments:

  • At 4/8/05 12:09 am, Blogger Carol said…

    May I tell you how much I love your blog?? I have you bookmarked so I can check on you regularly - I really enjoy it! Congrats on your new puppy!!! I hope there will be pictures of the puppy soon too :-) And your Lanarte design is so pretty - you really must be proud of it, especially since she is far from an easy piece to stitch :-) Hope you keep plugging away at entertaining me (and the rest of the blog community, I am sure!)

     
  • At 4/8/05 2:13 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Gillian,
    Your blog is NOT boring!!And all the things carol has said I agree with! So keep going on. :o)

     
  • At 4/8/05 5:01 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congratulations on your new puppy! I can't wait to see a picture!

    And I like reading your blog, too!

     
  • At 6/8/05 2:35 pm, Blogger Gina E. said…

    Ditto to all the above! How can such a beautiful blog be boring to those stitchers among us who will never aspire to the quality of your work? Your completed projects look like paintings, the stitching is so fine. Have you ever entered your work in a show? I can't imagine you not winning first prize for all of the ones you have put on your blog!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home