Cross Stitch Ramblings

19.1.05

Sewing versus Stitching

I usually correct my husband whenever he refers to my hobby as sewing, to stitching. Sewing, as far as I am concerned, is attaching pieces of material together using thread, not creating a design on a single piece of cloth by use of the thread only. He said 'cross stitching' doesn't roll of the tongue naturally like 'sewing' does, and he would find it easier to say 'embroidering'. I said embroidering is a more acruate description of what it is and I would prefer to hear that rather than sewing.

Have not done any stitching at all. I seem to be finding it too difficult. I started on a little bottle towards the bottom of the design yesterday, but am not sure whether to unpick it. I can't decide whether some of the stitches should be whole or quarter stitches. I feel as if I want to do something really easy and uncomplicated, which, technically speaking, 'Numbers' is. The Castle Sampler is completely out of the window in this frame of mind. I gave myself an electric shock today by touching a live wire and am still in shock of a kind so maybe I need to be gentle on myself. Hopefully I'll be fully functioning again tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home