Cross Stitch Ramblings

26.1.05

Numbers....

I have finished two more number blocks, 1 and 7, a little piglet and a honey pot and a couple of bees. The end is in sight. It is my intention to have this finished by the end of January. The baby is due some time between 13th & 19th Feb. Mum-to-be thinks she'll be having it early because she's so enormous, but I dunno. I've heard first babies are usually late, certainly was the case with me. So who knows.

I found someone selling this kit on ebay for £20. Quite a lot. I wouldn't have paid that for it. I have no idea how much I did pay. I probably bought it from one of those mail order clubs. They used to have some good kits back then, nowadays they have very little I would want.

I bought a cross stitch book from a charity shop on Monday. Its full of designs of Victorian children, no backstitch. I quite like several of them, well I must like them or I wouldn't have bought the book! Some of them may be useful for cards in the future, although I can't imagine myself actually doing them. Still, its a nice book.

I also bought the chart for TW's 'English Cottage Sampler' - yet another ebay bargain.

Its my birthday in a couple of weeks. Despite the fact I need absolutely nothing for my hobby all I want is stitching stuff. I probably won't get any though, since the local town where most of the family live is extremely poor on stitching supply shops. I think I need to drum the web address www.sewdiscounted.co.uk into their heads!

I need to lose weight. I've devised a plan today. For every week that I stick to the diet I buy myself a stitching treat. Maybe a piece of fabric or beads or speciality threads for one of my stashed charts. I need to go through the stash and work out what I need, I also want to replace the aida in most of the stashed kits with some evenweave, but I'm still looking out for ebay bargains for these, since most of them are just plain white material. The plan is to reward myself for effort. Attainment, I know will go hand in hand with effort. If I stop overeating I lose weight, but there are those weeks when the weight loss isn't what I'd like it to be despite my best effort, which is why I am intending to reward myself for the effort, rather than the achievement.

Now that I've written all this in this blog, I've got to do this now ..... haven't I?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home