Cross Stitch Ramblings

20.9.04

Ouch!

I started on the Iris Fairy. Oh I know, not so long ago I said it had to go to the bottom of the pile, but I changed my mind. I was fed up with the Elephant and it was there, just sitting there inviting me. So I started it. So I've changed my tune about what I'll stitch and in what order. I'll stitch whatever I like.

Except ...... I do need to get that Elephant finished as its for a gift...

Talking of flower fairies, if I really wanted to stitch them I should have gone back to Apple Blossom Fairies. But I'm erratic and impulsive and these things can't be helped! At the moment Iris Fairydoesn't look like anything, but come this time tomorrow it should look like something vaguely resembling humanoid so I'll re-introduce myself to the scanner and post a picture.

The framing man has finished my framing. £50 each plus £30 for the repair job. Ouch! I wasn't expecting it to be that much. But when you think about it, it takes a lot of care and patience and probably took him quite a bit of time. When you break it down its not a huge amount of money. But it does mean I can't afford to get anything else framed just yet. Just not enough pennies in the ole coffers. All the others are significantly smaller than the two that I took him, so they wouldn't cost as much. But then again, being smaller also means they would be easier to frame myself. One day I will get myself organised and have a serious go at it.

I visited Hobbycraft today, the only decent needlecraft supplier within my vicinity. They sell DMC threads at 45p a skein, which is really not too bad, but everything else is full price. And I really don't like buying anything unless I think I'm getting a bargain. So, despite having picked up various bits and pieces they all went back on the shelves and I went out empty handed. Aren't I good!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home