Cross Stitch Ramblings

25.8.04

Fractional Thoughts

Back in my previous life as a cross stitcher, 10+ years ago, several of the projects I did involved bags of fractionals, the dragon & castle, the trio of cottages and the infamous "Companions" which I'm now trying to finish. These were all Janlynn kits and they made no mention of three-quarter stitches, all the fractionals were worked as quarters only with the other side of the cross, as such, almost always being completed by a back stitch.
Its only recently I've given three-quarter stitches a go, with the Apple Blossom Fairies, but I do have my doubts about whether they are stictly necessary. "Companions" is looking great as I'm coming along with the backstitch, if I'd worked these stitches as 3-quarters they would be too bulky. With the Fairies, because of the way the fractional stitches lie some of the top stitches are lying in the opposite direction of all the others, and I don't like it! I'm sure it won't notice too much once its finished but I'm particular and will definitely give serious thoughts as to whether I'm going to use them on future projects.
"Companions" is coming along slowly but surely. The fetlocks on the horse looked as if they were going to be easy but they were horrendous! For every correct stitch I finished I'd previously pulled out a wrong one. I moaned and moaned but now thankfully they are finished and I'm on to an easier bit. But there's still quite a way to go.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home