Cross Stitch Ramblings

16.9.04

New kit / African Dawn update

A new kit arrived today, the Iris Fairy, an ebay bargain. I was sorely tempted to rip it open and start straight away but I resisted because it must go to the bottom of the stash under the other 20 odd projects waiting in there.

African Dawn is nearly finished. I sat doing it all day Monday, surrounded by my messy house and piles of laundry, then all Tuesday evening. Yesterday I forced myself to get on with the chores, restricting myself to just one hour stitching a day until all the boring stuff is done. By the time the alloted hour arrived, 10pm, I was too tired to feel enthusiatic about it and couldn't wait for the hour to be over. I'm on the home straight with this one, the top 30 rows are mainly half stitch and I'm into the last 10, then its just the back stitch of which there isn't a huge amount.

I like my needle organiser! It will be especially useful when I come to doing designs with blended threads because I can just leave them threaded up rather than trying to store them on a card which never really works. I'm likely to want to use my new toy for every project now which is good in a way because I'm less likely to jump around to different ones - I'm not going to want to put take out all the needles & put the threads away - but then again what happens if I get truly bored with something? There's a chance I won't bother to stitch at all which with all these projects waiting to be done is not a good idea.

There was a new batch of magazines in WHSmith today. I wonder why they all come out at once, it would be more interesting for a new one to pop up every few days. Some nice Christmassy pictures appearing on the covers. Hmmmmmm, quite tempting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home