Cross Stitch Ramblings

7.9.04

Teresa Wentzler designs

I only discovered a couple of months ago that my castle was a TW design, a few days ago I found that my yet-to-be started Castle Sampler also is, and today I discovered that dear old 'Companions' is yet another one. Obviously I am attracted to TW's designs! It is strange though that the designer wasn't given any credit at all on those kits. They were all Janlynn kits bought through one of those Needlecraft clubs where you buy 4 or so things for rock bottom prices and commit to buying however many more over the next few months by joining the club. The clubs offered much better kits back then than they do nowadays.

I've done some rooting around on the discussion boards and found that the quarter stitches I was on about, that have left gaps in the design showing the fabric, should indeed have been done as whole stitches. I'm quite annoyed as it never said that in the instructions and my finished piece isn't quite as brilliant as it should be as a result. I guess I am just too trusting, I just assumed I had to follow the instructions to the letter. Now I know better, and will be a lot more wary when I eventually stitch the Castle Sampler.

Apparently 'Tradewinds' is not available as a kit. I have it as a kit. The cover says the threads are pre-sorted. I read a post where someone else had got a kit and the threads were not pre-sorted. They were just in there in hanks with no help given to identify which colours were which. The poster was going get a DMC thread card in order to identify them. I opened my kit. My threads are not pre-sorted either so I'm going to have to do the same. So much hard work! I have decided I am definitely going to do this project after all. I am also going to do Fantasy Triptych because I love it. But probably not the Story Teller because its mainly a dragon and I really don't like Dragons as much as I do castles.

So much stitching to do, so little time .......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home